SEO content marketing roundup, week ending August 17th
Those hints about Google’s larger objectives (beyond Google+) materialize with its acquisition of Motorola Mobility and its introduction of contextual search. Other highlights in this week’s latest and greatest web writing news include notable content marketing technologies and social media advertising. Grab a cuppa joe and savor this week’s picks:
Hugo Guzman posts that content is indeed king – but not for the reason you think.
Content Marketing Institute features an interview with Ann Handley of Marketing Profs on content’s competitive advantage.
CMI’s Michele Linn shares 12 technologies that content marketers can get excited about.
Marketing Sherpa’s latest research chart shows the allocation of B2B marketing budgets.
Ian Lurie posts that in marketing, effort means more at Conversation Marketing.
Michael Gray shares a smart strategy on how to use those how-to articles for content curation at his blog.
- Content Marketing Institute’s inaugural international event, Content Marketing World, from September 6th – the 8th, in Cleveland.
- iMedia Connection’s Brand Summit, from September 11th – the 14th, in Coronado, CA.
- HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing Summit, September 14th and 15th, in Boston.
- Marketing Sherpa’s B2B Summit, September 26 and 27th in Boston, then October 24th and 25th in San Francisco.
SEO & Search
Danny Sullivan gives the low-down on Google’s $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility with the “what’s it all mean edition” (with bonus “Google as mama bear” metaphor) at Search Engine Land.
Rich McPharlin of SEO Perth discusses what the Google +1 button means for SEO at SitePro News.
SEO Copywriting features Terry Van Horne, a.k.a. Webmaster T, in an in-depth interview about SEO, B.S. “experts,” Panda, and best practices.
Rob Young posts dangerous SEO myths (that people still believe) at Search Engine Journal.
SEOptimise posts a helpful how-to on choosing a CMS (content management system) provider for SEO.
Aaron Wall posts how the evolution of online advertising is hurting AOL, Yahoo! and other large web portals at SEO Book.
- SES San Francisco (in progress), from August 15th – the 19th.
- SMX East/New York, from September 13th – the 15th.
Social Media Marketing
Eloqua posts a slideshare presentation of its “grande guide to social advertising.”
HubSpot has compiled 10 “awesome” Google+ presentations to help us all out in learning yet another social media platform.
How business pages will help the growth of Google+ is posted at Social Media Today.
SitePro News posts the best way to market with Facebook.
Mari Smith is featured at Social Media Examiner, discussing how to use Facebook Places and Facebook Deals for local business.
Your business is on Facebook – now what? At Small Business Trends.
ZD Net reports that both Facebook and Yahoo! are testing the idea of “six degrees of separation.”
Smart read by Heather Whaling on digital storytelling (“30+ social tools to create sharable, memorable stories”) is at Social Media Today.
- Social Media Examiner’s Facebook Success Summit 2011, an online event running from October 5th – the 25th.
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo, Los Angeles, from November 3rd – the 5th.