In this week’s latest and greatest web-writing news, there’s still much buzz to do with 2012 trends and predictions spliced with backward glances at 2011. But, as you’ve probably noticed, the New Year is well underway – and Google’s “Search, plus Your World” is making a splash. Catch the newest wave of industry news with these picks…
Target Marketing Magazine’s January 2012 cover story, by Thorin McGee, addresses “The Big Questions of 2012.”
Lee Odden pens the ambitious “Convergence & Integration of Content Marketing with Social Media & SEO,” in promoting OMS (see events, below) at Top Rank .
Lyena Solomon discusses the four types of content consumers and how to target each in your marketing at SEO Copywriting.
Joe Chernov posts “20 Women Who Rock Content Marketing” at Content Marketing Institute.
Avinash Kaushik posts “The 2015 Digital Marketing Rule Book” (“Change or Perish”) at Occam’s Razor.
“Extreme” 2012 marketing predictions from 24 industry experts are shared by Heidi Cohen.
Content Marketing Today posts how Social Media Examiner grew its list 234-percent in a “content marketing coup.”
Jeanne Jennings addresses email trends and benchmarks in click-through rates by message type at ClickZ.
Neil Patel discusses how to indentify content scrapers (and what to do about it) at KISSmetrics.
Heather Lloyd-Martin shares three business blogging tips for beginners via a video post at SEO Copywriting.
Finally, the emergence of a “new breed” of the content marketer (the content marketing “engineer”) is discussed at Content Marketing Institute.
- Langley New Media’s 2nd Annual Content Marketing Retreat is scheduled for January 26th and 27th in Langley, Washington (state).
- iMedia Connection’s (Iconic) Branding Summit is scheduled for February 5th thru the 8th at Bonita Springs, Florida.
- OMS and SES Search & Social Accelerator in San Diego are scheduled for Feb 6th thru the 9th.
- MarketingSherpa Email Summit 2012 will be held in Las Vegas, February 7th thru the 10th.
SEO & Search
Matt McGee assesses the damage of Google’s search encryption on analytics data at Small Business Search Marketing.
Danny Goodwin reports on Google’s bad behavior, profiting from “illegal 2012 Olympics ads,” at Search Engine Watch.
SEOmoz’s Rand Fishkin discusses testing the accuracy of visitor data from Alexa, Compete, Google Trends, Doubleclick, and Quantcast.
Search Engine Journal posts the search engine market share report data from December 2011.
Jordan Kastaler posts how to improve site credibility through search and social media at Search Engine Land.
Mike Huber shares five things you can do to make the day-to-day monitoring of your website more effective at Vertical Measures.
Tim Ash continues his instruction in fixing your website with “Where do you start testing?” at ClickZ.
Jenny Halasz posts five questions to streamline your keyword research at Search Engine Land.
Can your SEO clients recognize success when they see it? Nick Stamoulis poses the question at Search Engine Journal.
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) West 2012 – is on for San Jose, from February 28th through March 1st.
- The SMX West Session Agenda is now available: Heather Lloyd-Martin will be speaking on “The ‘New’ Killer Content” on March 1st, from 9 to 10:15 a.m. (Pacific time).
Social Media Marketing
Referring to Google’s search integration of G+, Social Mouths posts “Google Brings Out the Big Guns.”
Pamela Vaughan also discusses the big G’s “biggest social search update yet” at HubSpot.
Bharati Ahuja discusses Google+ “as a complete blogging platform” at WebPro Tech.
Marketing Sherpa’s weekly research chart features agencies’ perception of social media marketing’s “tactical effectiveness.”
Brian Solis shares 10 social media strategies for defining a successful 2012 at his blog.
Jeff Bullas discusses 10 reasons why “liquid” content should be included in your social media marketing at his blog.
Bright Oak posts the interesting “Klout, Egometrics, and 9 Symptoms of Shiny Algorithm Syndrome.”
Andrea Vahl looks at four ways the new Facebook “Insights” can grow your fan base at Social Media Examiner.
Heidi Cohen talks brand definition with “What’s Your Brand’s DNA?” at her blog.
Finally, HubSpot’s Corey Eridon cites “shocking data” showing that the average large company has 178 social media accounts. Zowie.
- Social Media 101, and interactive online workshop presented by mediabistro.com, Social Times and AllFacebook is scheduled from January 19th through February 9th.
- Social Media Examiner’s online Small Business Success Summit 2012 will run from February 1st through the 23rd.
Want you own mini weekly roundup delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly SEO Copywriting Buzz newsletter, with the latest SEO Copywriting posts, expert interviews, how-to’s, and hot copywriting tips!
photo thanks to Horizon2035