Happy New Year! Time to make use of that bookmarks feature, as the best of 2011 and trends for 2012 flood the web in this first Web-writing roundup of 2012. From content to social media marketing, SEO and search, here’s a content curator’s dream of links – and fine fresh stuff to kick off the year well prepared! Enjoy, bookmark, and curate on…
Following tradition, Junta42 (Joe Pulizzi) shares the top content marketing articles of 2011 at his site.
Neil Patel shares the top 50 posts of 2011 from KISSmetrics, covering content, search, social, and SEO.
Top Rank lists its recommendations of top online marketing books to read for your edification in 2012.
Marketing Sherpa enumerates the nine SEO, social and content marketing articles most shared by its Inbound Marketing readership in 2011.
Mack Collier posts a no-nonsense guide to SEO and content creation for bloggers at his site.
Shelly Bowen shares 11 things she “re-learned” in 2011 at her site: great stuff for all content-loving folks.
- Langley New Media’s 2nd Annual Content Marketing Retreat is scheduled for January 26th and 27th in Langley, Washington (state).
- iMedia Connection’s (Iconic) Branding Summit is scheduled for February 5th thru the 8th at Bonita Springs, Florida.
- ClickZ is hosting its 2012 Digital Marketing Conference/Online Marketing Summit (OMS) February 6th thru the 12th in San Diego.
- MarketingSherpa Email Summit 2012 will be held in Las Vegas, February 7th thru the 10th.
SEO & Search
And the winners are…Level 343 posts the results of its year-long survey for 2012 Top Women of SEO. One of the winners was our very own Heather Lloyd-Martin! Congrats to all candidates!
Search Engine Watch posts its 2011 “Web Analytics Year in Review.”
The top 10 hottest SEO copywriting posts of 2011 (as determined by reader popularity) are shared by Heather Lloyd-Martin at SEO Copywriting.
Surprise! Search industry surprises of 2011 are discussed by Phil Nottingham at SEOmoz.
From the Big G’s mouth: Google publishes its own version of bragging rights with “Google blogging and beyond in 2011” at its official blog site.
Jill Whalen shares the seven most popular SEO posts of 2011 from her site, High Rankings (Advisor).
Search Engine Watch posts an interesting look at mobile search marketing trends for 2012.
SEOmoz takes a look at “grassroots” SEO.
Nick Stamoulis finds the balance between SEO and traditional copywriting best practices at SEO Copywriting,
HubSpot reports that Google+ status updates – both brand and personal – are now appearing in organic search results.
Search Engine Land posts a how-to on tracking Blekko in web analytics systems.
Ashely Zeckman posts Google Places optimization (“local SEO in five easy steps”) at Top Rank.
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) West 2012 – is on for San Jose, from February 28th through March 1st.
- The SMX West Session Agenda is now available: Heather Lloyd-Martin will be speaking on “The ‘New’ Killer Content” on March 1st, from 9 to 10:15 a.m. (Pacific time).
Social Media Marketing
Thirty industry professionals share their 2012 predictions on social media’s impact on businesses at Social Media Examiner.
Jeff Bullas posts 10 “key facts, stats, and findings” you should know about the state of social media in 2011.
Mediabistro posts the essential Twitter dictionary via “AllTwitter.”
Top Rank shows four examples how companies are using Twitter for B2C marketing.
Klout posts “a cultural retrospective” of its 2011 growth at its official site.
SEOmoz devotes its end-of-year “Whiteboard Friday” presentation to using social media monitoring as an inbound marketing channel.
Brian Solis discusses going global by going local at his blog.
Finally, Lee Odden entertains the question of whether 2011 was the year that Facebook killed Google at Top Rank.
- Social Media 101, and interactive online workshop presented by mediabistro.com, Social Times and AllFacebook is scheduled from January 19th through February 9th.
- Social Media Examiner’s online Small Business Success Summit 2012 will run from February 1st through the 23rd.
Want you own mini weekly roundup delivered to your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly SEO Copywriting Buzz newsletter, with the latest SEO Copywriting posts, expert interviews, how-to’s, and hot copywriting tips!
photo credit to smrisk