SEO content marketing roundup, week ending May 16th
This week’s latest and greatest Web-writing news is lean but not terribly mean, with great content shared from the golden triad of content, SEO/search and social media marketing. Here’s the high-protein-zero-carbs web gem picks…enjoy with your tall skinny latte!
So are your landing pages realizing a positive ROI or are they “more like bouncing betties?” A great landing page ROI 101 post by Level 343.
And does your copywriting convert? Heather Lloyd-Martin discusses informercial-inspired direct response copywriting techniques at SEO Copywriting.
Tom Demers shares 42 content writing and SEO ranking tips for small business owners at Measured SEM.
“Finally: 2012 Superbowl Ad Neuro-Rankings” are in: Roger Dooley discusses them at Neuromarketing.
- Usability Week 2012 Conference, hosted by the Neilsen Norman Group, is scheduled for June 25th thru the 29th in Chicago.
- Sales Brain announces an open, two-day Neuromarketing Workshop in Phoenix, June 6th and 7th.
- Marketing Sherpa’s Optimization Summit 2012 will be held in Denver from June 11th thru the 14 th.
- Marketing Sherpa’s B2B Summit 2012 will be held in Orlando, August 27th thru the 30th.
- Content Marketing Institute’s Content Marketing World 2012 is scheduled for September 4th thru the 6th in Columbus, OH.
SEO & Search
Avinash Kaushik discusses “Measuring Digital ‘Brand Strength’” at Occam’s Razor
Making the New York Times is “Bing Search Engine to be Revamped as War Against Google Intensifies.”
Bill Ross posts “SEO ROI Measurement: The Only 3 Primary KPIs You Should Care About” at LinchPinSEO
SEOptimise shares “advanced tips and take aways” from SMX London.
When is your first conversion opportunity? The search engine results page: learn how to make your search listings sizzle at SEO Copwriting.
- SMX (Search Marketing Expo) Advanced Seattle 2012 is scheduled for June 5th and 6th. Workshops are on June 7th.
- SES (Conference & Expo) Toronto is scheduled for June 11th thru the 13th.
- MozCon 2012 is scheduled for July 25th thru the 27th (in Seattle, of course).
- SES (Conference & Expo) San Francisco is scheduled for August 13th thru the 17th.Register before June 16th for the best rates!
- PubCon Las Vegas 2012 is on for October 15th thru the 19th at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Register now for early bird rates!
Social Media Marketing
Voicing his dissent with the recommended timing for social sharing, Matt McGee posts “There’s No Best Time to Publish Blog Posts & Social Updates” at Small Business Search Marketing.
Brian Solis pens a most eloquent manifesto, “The Fallacy of Information Overload.”
So what is a “social executive”? Cheryl Burgess posts “7 personalities of a social executive” at Blue Focus Marketing.
Courtney Ramirez weighs the pro’s and con’s of Pinterest vs. Google+ as social media platforms at SEO Copywriting.
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2012, NYC is on for June 5th thru the 7th in the Big Apple.
Would you like to learn how to write for Google? Just sign up for the free SEO Copywriting Buzz newsletter for lean, no-fluff industry news, either daily or weekly, and get Heather Lloyd’s “25-Point Checklist on How to Write for Google” free!
photo thanks to kaigakyoshite (Roland)