SEO Copywriting Certification Training FAQs
- Who should take this course? If online writing is part of your day-to-day job, this class is for you. Some of our students work for ad agencies and SEO companies. Other students work for companies of all sizes – from small business to large corporations. The Certification course is geared towards both in-house and freelance professionals.
- Do people really find this training useful? You bet! I’m happy to say that 96.6 percent of Certification graduates would recommend this training to a friend or colleague.
- I already have some online copywriting experience. Why should I get certified in SEO copywriting? SEO Copywriting Certification shows your clients that you’ve studied best practices and passed a Certification Exam. As certification and testing becomes more prevalent in the marketplace, your SEO Copywriting Certification badge differentiates you from other copywriters who choose not to take the course. In a competitive marketplace, showing your advanced expertise can be a powerful thing!
- I’m not technical, and I’m a little afraid of this “SEO stuff.” Will this course be over my head? Not at all! The Certification training is geared towards non-technical people who want to better understand SEO and SEO copywriting best practices. All terms are clearly explained and there is a minimum of “geek speak.” Besides, if you have questions about a particular topic, all you have to do is post in the forums or contact me and ask your question. I’m happy to help!
- How many hours a week should I spend on the training? I recommend that people spend 3-5+ hours per module – more if you’re new to online writing/SEO. It will take you about an hour to read the course materials. The rest of the time would be spent putting the information into practice. That could mean “SEO’ing” your own site, a client’s site, or a “dummy” site that you create. Although there is no official homework, I highly recommend going through the steps and practicing your skills. That way, if questions come up, I can help. Plus, it will help you pass your Exam and make you a better writer.
- What qualifies you to teach and develop the SEO Copywriting Certification training? I’ve been working as a copywriter for over 20 years, and I’m widely considered the pioneer of SEO copywriting. Back in late 90′s, I was teaching search engines and big brands about how to write for search engines. I’ve written twp books on SEO copywriting, as well as developed a DVD training series with AWAI. I also work with Writer’s Digest and create training videos for their community. Additionally, I speak at about 12 conference a year, training audience members on the latest best practice techniques. So if you want to be trained by someone who eats, sleeps and breathes SEO copywriting – and has been in it since the very beginning – you’re in the right place!
- Does your course discuss how to run an SEO copywriting business and/or find clients? The SEO Copywriting Certification training focuses on how to strategize and write for SEO/social. Although there are a few conference training calls that focus around building a copywriting business, it’s not a main part of the course. Having said that, if you’re interested in increasing your freelance copywriting income, you may want to check out the Copywriting Business Bootcamp. Plus, if you purchase both trainings at the same time, I’d be happy to provide a discount – just ask!
- Does being certified in SEO copywriting guarantee employment? No. SuccessWorks is not a job placement agency, and there are no guarantees of future employment. However, receiving your Certificate (and showcasing your “SEO copywriting certified” badge on your site) indicates to clients and employers that you’ve taken the “extra step” and received training.
- Is the SEO copywriting training all online, or is there a class format? Currently, the training is all online, available for access 24/7. However, in-person SEO Copywriting Certification group trainings are always a possibility- contact us if you’d like a training in your area.
- When are the group conference calls held? The 30-minute group classes are typically held at noon Pacific Time on Wednesdays. At the beginning of every month, you’ll receive the SEO Copywriting Certification Training newsletter that outlines call times and the topics.
- What if I can’t make a group conference call? No worries! We upload all of our group training calls, so you can listen to them at your leisure.
- How do I get certified? After three months have passed, you have the option of taking the Certification Exam. The Exam is a 80-question quiz based on the training materials you’ve reviewed during the training. In order to pass the Exam, you’ll need to score of 70% or higher.
- What will I receive after I successfully pass the final Certification Exam? You’ll receive a badge that you can include on your site (you can see it here,) plus a Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you.
- Will it be fun? Oh yes. It will be fun. I love SEO copywriting and learning about the latest techniques – and I hope to share that passion with you!
Ready to sign up? In just three months, you could be fully certified in SEO copywriting. Get started today!